Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of optimizing the visibility of a website, or a web page, in a search engine’s results. In simpler terms, your website will appear earlier for searches of a certain keyword.
There are two types of SEO
On Page SEO
It is the process of optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page
The most important On-Page SEO tips :
- Having optimized titles and descriptions
- Proper URL Structures
- User friendly navigation (breadcrumbs, user sitemaps)
- Optimized internal links
- Text Formatting (use of h1,h2,bold etc)
- Image optimization (image size, proper image names, use of ALT tag)
- User friendly 404 pages
- Fast loading pages
- Mobile Friendly pages
- Top quality fresh content
- External links (no broken links or links to ‘bad’ sites)
Off Page SEO
Unlike On- page SEO, Off-page SEO refers to activities you can perform outside the boundaries of your website. The most important are:
- Link Building- The process of getting external pages to link to a page on your website.
- Social Media Marketing – Techniques that target social networks and applications to spread brand awareness or promote particular products. Social media marketing campaigns usually center around: Establishing a social mediapresence on major platforms.
- Social bookmarking – Itis like saving favorites on your browser, except you’re saving to a website that you can access from any computer in the world. The web pages we bookmarked at social bookmarking sites is considered as a quality backlink in the eyes of search engines. And we all know that the quality backlinks helps us to increase website traffic and Page Rank in search engines.
- The above on and off page tools are commonly seen practiced by top SEO firm in Mumbai.
The first step in any professional campaign is to do some keyword research and analysis.
SEO professionals research keywords, which they use to achieve better rankings in search engines.
Keyword research consists of at least three major steps:
(1) Discovery – finding as many keywords as possible relating to your Web site. Online tools exist to speed up the discovery process by allowing marketers to search for related keywords and their relative search popularity.
(2) ROI analysis – finding the most valuable keywords for your Web site. The most generic keywords are the most widely searched, but also the most competitive, and sometimes bring mediocre conversion rates. Generally, phrases that most accurately describe specific qualities of a site yield the highest ROI.
(3) Competitive analysis – analyzing the strength of competitors for potential keywords. Competitive factors include how attentive sites are to optimization issues and the number of relevant inbound links they have received. Clustered metasearch engines such as Ixquick and Zworks can provide a quick overview of the competitive landscape on any given search term.
The major SEO services company in Mumbai are very smart at picking the right keywords for better mileage.
Apply the following criteria to pick top keywords
Good keywords are:
- Relevant. You need to accurately describe what you’re writing about because a high bounce rate will decrease your ranking, even if you do manage to get on the front page.
- High volume. If there are two similar keywords with drastically different volumes, however, the higher volume keyword is the obvious choice.
- Low difficulty. Putting it simply, a keyword with low difficulty has pages and domains with low authority on the first page. If you target the same keyword with better content and get a few backlinks, you can take that slot and steal their traffic.